Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I appear to be in a regular (but slooooow) pattern

I just noticed that it has been almost a year since I posted on here - AGAIN. Maybe I will just use this as my yearly recap :)

Another year, more changes. Moved on to a new job that luckily will keep me from traveling anymore (Nice to be home everynight, but some days I miss some aspects of the travel), but unfortunately have me driving 2 hours a day to get to and from work. I guess its payback for my 6 years of a 10 minute drive and being able to pop home at lunch if I needed to.

We are building a new plant in Hamilton which is an hour south east of Kitchener. Even though I managed to negotiate a relocation package into my new job Jayme has informed us that we are not moving. She is starting high school next year, and the poor girl has already been to three different schools and lived in 4 different houses in her life. I don't mind the drive as long as it keeps her happy. Looks like we will staying in KW for a while more...

The job is.... interesting. Constant change, constant conflicting priorities, and more than anything constant stress. I love the challenge, but some days I wonder where my head was at taking this job on. It is good development for me and hopefully will lead to "the next big thing" for me in the next couple three years. I'm sure it will all be worth it, although it is getting pretty tough to make it to softball / soccer / blast ball / swimming etc with the long drive and the long hours.

Kids are getting bigger everyday, and even my little guy is growing up so fast. Hopefully I get another one of these things pushed out before Jayme starts driving........

Its 8:30 at night, so its back to work for me :)

No comments: